Wellness for Berkeley engineers
UC Berkeley and the College of Engineering put our students’ mental wellness front and center. To explore campus-wide resources for undergraduate and graduate students, check out Berkeley | recalibrate for “one-click” resources.
At the College of Engineering, we also offer a wide range of wellness services and programs, which are presented here in a progressive order. Start at 1 and move to 4, depending on your particular needs.
- Engineering Student Services workshops & events: Programming for undergraduate and graduate students are added throughout the year with links to recorded presentations once the events have ended.
- TAO (Therapy Assistance Online) is an online library of engaging, interactive programs that help you learn life skills and bounce back from disappointments and stumbling blocks.
- Calm app: Access to mental fitness courses, breathing techniques, sleep stories, and more provided to undergraduate and graduate students by the College of Engineering.
- Fable app: Fable is the modern way to discover, read, and talk about the world’s best books. Checkout the selection of books from the College of Engineering.
- Printable handouts and articles from University Health Services
- Be Well @ Cal: A University Health Services effort to encourage students to take care of themselves in all aspects of their lives.
- The (not so) Secret Guide to being a Berkeley Engineer: The ESS podcast where you can hear from students, advisers, faculty and staff on ways to ensure that your time at Cal is a successful.
- Peer advisers: Our peer advisers are experienced students that can give you perspective on how to juggle classes, study effectively, manage time, choose the best enrichment opportunities or simply navigate the waters of Berkeley.
- Transfer Success Ambassadors: The ambassadors are here to support their fellow engineering transfer students as they transition to, and explore, the Berkeley campus. They host weekly office hours and are available to chat about many topics, including wellness, community building, getting involved on campus, time management study habits, imposter syndrome and more.
- Mentorship Programs: Our various mentorship programs support students’ holistic wellness through individualized mentorship, professional development opportunities and academic support.
- Engineering Wellness at Berkeley: An engineering student organization that promotes mental health and wellness through activities.
- Engineering Student Council: ESC hosts student events, supports student organizations and promotes collaborations between students, faculty, and staff.
- Student-to-Student Peer Counseling is a group of student counselors providing free, one-on-one, confidential, walk-in services to UC Berkeley students.
- Virtual Let’s Talk drop-in consultations: Easy access to informal, brief, drop-in consultations with CAPS counselors.
- Engineering counseling satellite office: Free and confidential consultations to students related to any personal or professional concerns.
- Individual counseling: Professional counselors from University Health Services can meet with students to talk about personal and career issues.
- Group counseling: A powerful and effective way for students to share, give and receive support, learn and heal. Many students can benefit from counseling in a group format.
- University Health Services has partnered with Teladoc for online video appointments (telemedicine) so you can have another way to access care.