The Center for Access to Engineering Excellence (CAEE) is committed to providing a supportive and welcoming environment conducive to academic and personal success. They pride themselves as champions for diversity, equity and inclusion in all of their programs and services.
Location: 227 and 240 Bechtel Engineering Center
9 a.m.–9 p.m.
9 a.m.–5 p.m.
Get to know your tutors: courses they tutor, organizations they are involved in and fun facts.
The student assistants are great resources for campus life, organization information and more.
We welcome your feedback! Let us know how we’re doing, ask questions, share concerns or provide accolades for our support services.
- Tutoring: Drop-in group tutoring for various lower and upper-division engineering courses in 227 and 240 Bechtel Engineering Center.
- Workshops & Community building events : Providing students with leadership, professional development and career training. Plus, maintaining and improving the Berkeley community.
- Virtual Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS): Counselors Dr. Shuangmei (Christine) Zhou, Denise Goitia, LCSW, and Dr. Yi Du from University Health Services provide free and confidential consultations to students related to any personal, professional, or academic concerns.
CAEE will be serving students in-person in tutoring for the 2022 summer session C.
Daily news and updates
Please log into your Berkeley email to access our Daily news and Tutoring Schedule.
CAEE community space guidelines
- Face masks are highly recommended.
- You are required to sign in to use our space and services.
- Be respectful to other visitors and refrain from talking too loudly.
- Clean up after yourself (trash cans are located in the Bechtel hallway).
- Clear the chalk/white boards after use.
- Be considerate when using power outlets/charging stations.
- Keep feet off tables.
- Please turn on your camera when working with a tutor/student assistant
- Mute your mic while not actively speaking
- Use the “Raise Hand” feature when multiple students are present in the room
- Be respectful
- Tutors are here to support you in your learning journey
- Please provide tutors with the necessary background/context to your assignment
- Tutors and Student Assistants are students too 🙂
Fill out this form if you are interested in working as a tutor for Fall 2022. Please note that submitting an application does not automatically grant you an interview and/or position.
Fill out this form if you are interested in working as a student assistant for Fall 2022. Please note that submitting an application does not automatically grant you an interview and/or position.
Please keep in mind that completing an application does not guarantee that you will be hired to work in the CAEE.