The Center for Access to Engineering Excellence (CAEE) is committed to providing a supportive and welcoming environment conducive to academic and personal success. They pride themselves as champions for diversity, equity and inclusion in all of their programs and services.
9 a.m.–9 p.m.
9 a.m.–5 p.m.
Get to know your tutors: courses they tutor, organizations they are involved in and fun facts.
The student assistants are great resources for campus life, organization information and more.
We welcome your feedback! Let us know how we’re doing, ask questions, share concerns or provide accolades for our support services.
- Tutoring: Drop-in group tutoring for various lower and upper-division engineering courses.
- Workshops & Community building events : Providing students with leadership, professional development and career training. Plus, maintaining and improving the Berkeley community.
- Virtual Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS): Licensed psychologists Dr. Shuangmei (Christine) Zhou, Dr. Geneé Jackson, and Dr. Yi Du from University Health Services provide free and confidential consultations to students related to any personal, professional, or academic concerns.
CAEE will be serving students online with virtual drop-in tutoring for the 2020-21 academic year. To access the tutoring:
- Visit the CAEE Virtual Front Desk during open hours.
- You will asked to fill-out the brief sign-in form.
- Once the sign-in form is filled out, you will be provided the link to the Virtual Front Desk.
- You will be briefly be placed in a waiting room and then welcomed by the CAEE Student Assistants.
- The Student Assistant will then connect you to an available tutor or to the study lounge.
- After your session has concluded you will be asked to fill out a feedback form – this form tracks the utilization of CAEE’s services, guides us in celebrating wonderful staff, and helps us improve our services based on your suggestions.
View Calendar on Google Sheets.
Daily news and updates
- Please turn on your camera when using the space
- Mute your mic while not speaking
- Use the “Raise Hand” feature when multiple students are present in the room
- Be respectful
- Tutors are here to support you in your learning journey
- Please provide tutors the necessary background/context to your assignment
- Tutors and Student Assistant are students too 🙂
If you are interested in working as a tutor for Fall 2021, you must submit your application by May 1, 11:59 p.m. Applications received after this date will not be reviewed.
If you are interested in working as a student assistant for Fall 2021, you must submit your application by May 1, 11:59 p.m. Applications received after this date will not be reviewed.
Please keep in mind that completing an application does not guarantee that you will be hired to work in the CAEE.