The Center for Access to Engineering Excellence (CAEE) is committed to providing a supportive and welcoming environment conducive to academic and personal success. They pride themselves as champions for diversity, equity and inclusion in all of their programs and services.
Location: 227 and 240 Bechtel Engineering Center
9 a.m.–9 p.m.
9 a.m.–5 p.m.
Get to know your tutors: courses they tutor, organizations they are involved in and fun facts.
The student assistants are great resources for campus life, organization information and more.
We welcome your feedback! Let us know how we’re doing, ask questions, share concerns or provide accolades for our support services.
- Tutoring: Drop-in group tutoring for various lower and upper-division engineering courses in 227 and 240 Bechtel Engineering Center.
- Workshops & Community building events : Providing students with leadership, professional development and career training. Plus, maintaining and improving the Berkeley community.
- Virtual Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS): Counselors Dr. Shuangmei (Christine) Zhou, Denise Goitia, LCSW, and Dr. Yi Du from University Health Services provide free and confidential consultations to students related to any personal, professional or academic concerns.
CAEE will be serving students in-person for the Fall 2022 semester in Bechtel 227 and 240.
Daily news and updates
Please log into your Berkeley email to access our Daily news and Tutoring Schedule.
CAEE community space guidelines
- Face masks are highly recommended.
- You are required to sign in to use our space and services.
- Be respectful to other visitors and refrain from talking too loudly.
- Clean up after yourself (trash cans are located in the Bechtel hallway).
- Clear the chalk/white boards after use.
- Be considerate when using power outlets/charging stations.
- Keep feet off tables.
- Tutors are here to support you in your learning journey.
- Please provide tutors with the necessary background/context for your assignment.
- Tutors and Student Assistants are students too. 🙂
Fill out this form if you are interested in working as a tutor for Spring 2023. Please note that submitting an application does not automatically grant you an interview and/or position.
Fill out this form if you are interested in working as a deep dive tutor for Spring 2023. Please note that submitting an application does not automatically grant you an interview and/or position.
Fill out this form if you are interested in working as a student assistant for Spring 2023. Please note that submitting an application does not automatically grant you an interview and/or position.
Please keep in mind that completing an application does not guarantee that you will be hired to work in the CAEE.
The Center for Access to Engineering Excellence (CAEE) team aims to do all we can to lower barriers to student success. To this end, the CAEE has established the Emergency Laptop Lending Program to assist currently enrolled College of Engineering undergraduate engineering students encountering sudden, unexpected financial hardships in accessing technology for their academic success.
Due to the high demand of students in need of technology, cases will be carefully evaluated and students with dire need and high urgency will be prioritized. We will prioritize requests from students who have exhausted all other resources including loans. Laptop loans are for the duration of the semester in which students apply. Filling out this application form does not guarantee a laptop.
Apply online. Students will receive a response within 2 weeks. The entire process might take longer than two weeks to checkout a computer.