The Center for Access to Engineering Excellence (CAEE) is committed to providing a supportive and welcoming environment conducive to academic and personal success. They pride themselves as champions for diversity, equity and inclusion in all of their programs and services.
- Tutoring: Drop-in group tutoring for various lower and upper-division engineering courses.
- Workshops & Community building events : Providing students with leadership, professional development and career training. Plus, maintaining and improving the Berkeley community.
- Virtual Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS): Licensed psychologists Dr. Shuangmei (Christine) Zhou, Dr. Geneé Jackson, and Dr. Yi Du from University Health Services provide free and confidential consultations to students related to any personal, professional, or academic concerns.
CAEE will be serving students online with virtual drop-in tutoring for Fall 2020. To access the tutoring:
- Visit the CAEE Virtual Front Desk during open hours.
- You will briefly be in the waiting room.
- Once accepted into the Virtual Front Desk you will be asked to fill out the sign-in form by a student assistant. This form tracks the utilization of CAEE’s services and help improve services.
- The student assistant connect you to an available tutor or the study lounge.
View Calendar on Google Sheets.
- If you’re able to, please turn on your camera when working with the tutors and student assistants.
- Introduce yourself!
- If in a group session, please mute yourself when not actively working with the tutor.
- Tutors will try their best to address student’s needs throughout the session, however, we ask you to please be patient while waiting for help, and respectfully make use of the chat feature when necessary
- Maintain a professional and respectful language, tone and zoom background.
- Please understand that this format is still new to all of us, and we ask that you are respectful of our student assistants, tutors and your peers as we all transition into this setting.
We welcome your feedback! Let us know how we’re doing, ask questions, share concerns or provide accolades for our support services by submitting this brief feedback survey.