Don’t wait until you have your diploma in hand to think about career choices. Working with Berkeley Career Engagement, Engineering Student Services assists students with career and job-search planning and advises students interested in applying to graduate school. We also connect students with employers as well as graduate and professional schools.
- Career counseling appointments: Career counselors from Berkeley Career Engagement offer appointments in Engineering Student Services twice a week. Appointments can be scheduled on Handshake.
- Career and professional development programs: Each semester, we offer workshops on summer research positions, graduate school preparation and other topics, as well as our popular speed résumé critiques. Visit Berkeley Career Engagement’s Events & Workshops page for a complete list of programs, including a printable guide to programs and services for the current semester.
- Engineering career information and resources: Berkeley Career Engagement has helpful guides for graduates in fields like engineering and computer science.
- Weekly engineering career email. Engineering students can log in to Handshake and sign up for the engineering career email that contains the latest internship and full-time employment opportunities in industry. For detailed instructions follow this guide and choose “Engineering/EECS” at the final step.
- Get an insider’s view of a career field by shadowing Berkeley alumni through the externship program.
- The Berkeley Career Network and the Berkeley Engineering LinkedIn group connects students and recent graduates with established Berkeley engineers.
- Big Interview provides virtual mock interviews to help students practice for interviews.
- The @Cal alumni network is for all UC Berkeley alumni.