Engineering Student Services newsletter
Are you looking for information about:
- Important deadlines
- Useful workshops
- Research opportunities
- Ways to get more out of your time at Cal?
If so, be sure to read the ESS newsletter, which is sent to the Berkeley email addresses of all engineering undergraduate students every Monday during the fall and spring semesters.
These policies govern the development and distribution of the ESS newsletter sent weekly during the academic year to approximately 3,000 undergraduate engineering students. By submitting an entry to our newsletter, you agree to abide by these policies.
Inclusions and exclusions
- ESS reserves the sole right to determine content for the newsletter. Submissions may or may not be included due to space constraints or other factors.
- Only submissions that are of clear interest to Berkeley Engineering undergraduate students as determined by ESS will be included. Priority will be given to submissions from campus faculty, staff and organizations, but off-campus submissions deemed of interest to students will be considered as space permits (i.e., scholarship and internship announcements).
- ESS will include information about engineering student organization events (i.e., industry speakers, outreach events) but, due to the number of organizations, announcements for regular general meetings will not be included.
- The newsletter will be sent to undergraduate engineering students (and faculty and staff who have subscribed) once each week on Mondays during the academic year.
- No explicit content, solicitations or marketplace listings — such as buying and selling of goods and services — will be considered for inclusion.
- Submissions may not be longer than 70 words maximum and should include a link for additional information.
- ESS reserves the right to edit submissions to meet space constraints.
- No attachments may be included.
ESS is not responsible for the accuracy of any entry in the listing. It is the responsibility of the person who submits a listing to ensure that it is accurate at the time of submission.
You may email your submission no later than noon on Friday for the following Monday’s newsletter to email@example.com. Please include the following information:
- Your name
- Your e-mail
- Text to be posted; include a link for additional information (150 words maximum – if your posting is long it might be cut down and having a link to more information will be important)
- Date/time/location of event or workshop; RSVP deadline (if applicable)
Missed an issue?