Transfer ambassadors & Transfer Center
Our community college transfer students have a strong tradition of peer support and resource sharing. The Transfer Success Ambassador program was created in 2021 to help formalize this peer support.
The Berkeley Engineering Transfer Success Ambassadors are here to support their fellow transfer students as they explore Berkeley Engineering. They host weekly office hours and are available to chat about:
- Professional development and internship searches
- Research opportunities
- Getting involved on campus
- Time management
- Study habits
- Imposter syndrome
- and more!
Additionally, the ambassadors:
- Collaborate on workshops and events for the Berkeley Engineering transfer community
- Assist with outreach and yield efforts to welcome and the next generation of Berkeley Engineers
- Act as representative of the transfer community at student panels and meetings with donors
The Ambassadors can be reached via firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re hiring for the 2023-2024 academic year! Apply here.
The pop-up center is available for transfer students from all majors to study, build community, snack, relax, and meet with Transfer Success Ambassadors
Fall 2023 Hours:
- Mondays 11:30 a.m.–2 p.m.
- Wednesdays 11 a.m.–3:30 p.m.
- Thursdays 11:30 a.m.–2 p.m.
- Fridays 11 a.m.–3 p.m.
in 240 Sutardja Dai Hall and new silent study space in 238 Sutardja Dai Hall.
Finding the Transfer Center
Meet the ambassadors
Major: Civil engineering
Transferred from Solano College
Major: Bioengineering and Psychology
Transferred from Sierra College
Major: Energy Engineering (Engineering Sciences)
Transfer from San Mateo Community College District
Major: Electrical engineering and computer sciences
Transferred from Skyline College