Don’t wait until you have your diploma in hand to think about career choices. Working with Berkeley’s Career Center, Engineering Student Services assists students with career and job-search planning and advises students interested in applying to graduate school. We also connect students with employers as well as graduate and professional schools.
- Same day career counseling appointments: Offered in the fall and spring semesters every Wednesday, 1–4 p.m. in 230 Bechtel. Appointments can be made with an Engineering Career Counselor from the Career Center on Handshake beginning at 9am for that same day. Have your résumé critiqued, get help with a cover letter or statement of purpose for a graduate school application, or ask about internship and full-time employment opportunities.
- Engineering career conference: This annual conference each August offers workshops presented by industry representatives on topics such as successful networking, job search etiquette, case interview format, negotiating a job offer and writing a results-oriented résumé.
- Career and professional development programs: Each semester, we offer workshops on summer research positions, graduate school preparation and other topics, as well as our popular speed résumé critiques. Visit the Career Center's Events & Workshops page for a complete list of programs, including a printable guide to programs and services for the current semester.
- Engineering career information and resources: The Career Center has a helpful guide specifically for engineering and computer science students.
- Bi-monthly engineering career email. Engineering students can log in to Handshake and sign up for the engineering career email that contains the latest internship and full-time employment opportunities in industry.
Get an insider’s view of a career field by shadowing Berkeley alumni through the externship program.
Start building your résumé now
- Get research experience.