T-PREP: Transfer Pre-Engineering Program
The Transfer Pre-Engineering Program (T-PREP) is an ten-day summer program offered to incoming Berkeley Engineering transfer students. The transition from a community college to a major research university can be challenging, and transfer students often underestimate the degree of change. Students who participate in T-PREP will be fully prepared to meet the rigors of being a junior in the College of Engineering. T-PREP is just one of the many support services offered by the Center for Access to Engineering Excellence.
What are the benefits of T-PREP?
T-PREP teaches study skills and time-management strategies necessary for success in a rigorous engineering program like Berkeley’s. At T-PREP you will:
- Have hands-on experience in group study and problem-solving in common first-semester transfer engineering courses
- Attend workshops on academic and social issues common to transfer students
- Network with other new transfer students and experienced transfers in the College of Engineering
- Learn about enhanced learning opportunities (i.e., research, leadership development)
- Prepare for graduate school and career planning
- Meet industry representatives, getting a glimpse into industry trends
- Learn how to establish professional relationships with faculty
Do I qualify for T-PREP?
All incoming engineering transfer first-year students (including undocumented students) are invited to apply for T-PREP. The program focuses on the academic issues facing students from groups who are:
- Members of a group historically underrepresented in engineering
- From low-income or first-generation backgrounds
- Non-traditionally aged
- U.S. veterans
When is T-PREP offered?
T-PREP is a 10 day program, July 30 - August 10, 2018, before the fall semester begins. Students must be available to fully commit to the entire ten-day program.
What is the cost of T-PREP?
There is no cost to attend the program. T-PREP is funded through the generous support of our sponsors — Lockheed Martin, RECARE Foundation and the College of Engineering. Lodging, food and materials are all provided for you. A small amount of spending money is all you will need.
How do I apply?
Applications are open for 2018 and due by June 10, 2018, 5 p.m.