Berkeley Engineering Fund
As engineers know, there’s power in numbers. Each year, thousands of Berkeley Engineering alumni, parents, friends and students prove it by giving to the Berkeley Engineering Fund. Their contributions come in all sizes. Together, they create a vital pool of funds that the dean uses to invest in our academic core, seize opportunities for innovation and respond to unforeseen challenges.
It’s no wonder that the Berkeley Engineering Fund is the dean’s top fundraising priority.
Your gift has an immediate impact on our students and faculty. It helps launch the teaching and research of new professors. It enriches the student experience with leadership development opportunities, academic support and programs for new students. It provides the resources to upgrade labs and teaching facilities and seed exciting new research.
Employer gift matching: Does your employer match your charitable gifts? Use our matching gift search to find out, and learn how employer matches can extend your philanthropy.
Berkeley Engineering Fund board
- William S. Floyd Jr., Chair (B.S.’56 IEOR)
- Tsu-Jae King Liu, Dean
- Marilee Brooks (M.S.’88 Chemical Engineering)
- Laura Carns (B.S.’01 EECS)
- Pierson Chiou (B.S.’94 BioE)
- Jeffrey Chu (M.S.’79 EECS)
- Howard Friesen (B.S.’50 EECS)
- Jonathan Funk (B.S.’77 CEE)
- James Hong (B.S.’95 EECS, MBA ’99)
- Jui-shan “Grace” Hsu (B.S.’06 MSE, B.S.’06, M.S.’08 ME)
- Mitsuru Igarashi (B.S.’89 IEOR)
- Lynn Johnson
- Clay Johnson (B.S.’81 EECS)
- Haideh Khorramabadi (Ph.D.’85 EECS)
- Augustine Kuo (B.S.’89 EECS)
- Meng Chi Lee
- Amit Sharma (B.S.’84, M.S.’88 EECS)
- Jon Sigerman (ATG’74 Statistics)
- Hui Lin Tan
- Simon Tan (B.S.’08 EECS, M.S.’09 CS)
- Rayleen Thielman (B.S.’01 IEOR)
- Dave Tyler (B.S.’81 ME)
- Cheryl Valentine (B.S.’79 ME; MBA’91)
- James D. A. van Hoften (B.S.’66 CEE)
- Jega Vigneshwaran (B.S.’15 ME)