- Complete the Corporate Diversity and Inclusion Survey.
- Post your positions on Handshake, the platform UC Berkeley uses to manage recruiting activities on campus
- Join a departmental recruiting program that offers high-touch service from college staff and long-term relationship-building with students:
- Industrial Engineering & Operations Research Corporate Affiliates Program
- Electrical Engineering & Computer Sciences Corporate Access Program
- Mechanical Engineering Industry Alliance Program
- Bioengineering Career Partners Program
- American Society of Civil Engineers Corporate Sponsors Program
- Diversity recruiting through the Office of Engineering Student Services
- Fung Institute Industry Partnership Program (Master of Engineering students)
For more information, please contact Julia Zolinsky.
Job offer guidelines
Recognizing that students need time to make informed decisions when comparing and responding to offers, and that employers need to be able to effectively manage their time-sensitive recruitment processes, the following guidelines are intended to provide students and employers a fair and transparent framework for managing the offer phase of the process in this increasingly competitive job market:
- For all offers extended for full-time employment or summer internships (including return offers), employers should allow until November 1 or a minimum of two weeks from the date of the written offer, whichever is later, for students to accept or decline any offer.
- For all offers extended during Summer 2020 for accelerated recruitment for Summer 2021 internships, students must be given a deadline of Sept 11, 2020 or a minimum of two weeks from the date of the written offer, whichever is later.
- Employers are recommended to be flexible in granting offer extensions on a case-by-case basis if circumstances warrant.
- The written offer should clearly state all appropriate terms and conditions, including but not limited to, position title/description, location, benefits, start date, salary, bonuses, etc.
- All bonuses or other incentives are to remain in full effect for the entire duration of the offer period.
- Students will be encouraged to contact employers directly if they have any questions or concerns about their offers, including needing more time to make their decisions.
Note that Berkeley Engineering’s guidelines apply to any student currently declared as an engineering major, including L&S computer science majors or minors and M.E.T. students. They also differ slightly from the campus guidelines on job offers, which state that employers should allow a minimum of three weeks from the date of the written offer for students to accept or decline.