Welcome to Berkeley Engineering! Whether you’re an entering student or preparing to graduate, Engineering Student Services (ESS) can help you optimize your time and maximize your educational experience. We can offer information and how-to’s on everything from choosing a major to planning your post-graduate career. Our extensive support services and high-quality programs will help you navigate your path at Berkeley Engineering and empower you to be your best.
New students are not able to make an appointment with their ESS advisor until after July 2nd. Before making an appointment to see their ESS advisor all new FR and TR students should have attended a CalSO session, or if they are not attending CalSO they must have completed the Online Orientation and submitted their proposed academic plan.
Here are quick links to some of the most viewed pages in this section:
- Advising – Engineering Student Services advisers, faculty advisers, departmental advisers, peer advisers
- Tutoring and support – Center for Access to Engineering Excellence, study groups and workshops
- Degree requirements and college policy – UC, campus and college requirements, degree worksheets, degree audit reports
- Register for classes – Tele-BEARS advising and enrollment
- Career development – career advising, programs and resources
- Forms and petitions – College of Engineering, Office of the Registrar, Admissions
- New students – enrollment, orientation, courses, PREP and T-PREP programs
- Newsletter – submissions, policies and archive