Invitation for faculty position applications
UC Berkeley is one of the world’s premier public universities, and Berkeley Engineering maintains top rankings among engineering programs nationally, public or private. With more than 240 tenure-track faculty members, 2,100 graduate students and 3,400 undergraduate students located in seven academic departments, Engineering is the second largest college on the Berkeley campus. Our reputation for intellectual rigor, our talent for developing technologies that improve quality of life and our entrepreneurial spirit are reflected in our faculty and students, and by our physical environment. We offer a dynamic, interdisciplinary, hands-on education, challenge conventional thinking and value creativity and imagination.
We invite applications to open faculty positions in the College of Engineering. New job announcements are added throughout the year, so please check back regularly for updates. Also note that each job listing has its own application deadline and application requirements; please refer to the specifics in each announcement.
The university seeks candidates whose excellence in research, teaching, and service and demonstrable commitment to diversity and inclusion in higher education will help us expand our national and international leadership. Diversity, equity and inclusion are core values in the College of Engineering. Our excellence can only be fully realized by faculty, students and staff who share our commitment to these values. Successful candidates for our faculty positions will demonstrate evidence of a commitment to equity and inclusion. Financial and in-kind resources are available to pursue activities that help accelerate our efforts to achieve our equity and inclusion goals, with the full backing of the college. Examples of ongoing programming at the college to promote diversity, equity and inclusion are available on our website.
The university is also committed to addressing the family needs of faculty, including dual career couples and single parents. For information about potential relocation to Berkeley, or career needs of accompanying partners and spouses, please visit the Office for Faculty Equity & Welfare.
The University of California is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status. For complete details, see the University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy (PDF).
- Assistant Professor – Data Driven Design (DDD)-Mechanical Engineering (Closed)
For more information: https://aprecruit.berkeley.edu/JPF03138
- Assistant Professor – Mechanical Engineering (Closed)
For more information: https://aprecruit.berkeley.edu/JPF03137
- Assistant Teaching Professor – Electrical Engineering & Computer Sciences (Closed)
For more information: https://aprecruit.berkeley.edu/JPF03136
- Assistant Professor – Electrical Engineering & Computer Sciences (Closed)
For more information: https://aprecruit.berkeley.edu/JPF03155
- Assistant Professor – Neuroengineering – Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences and Helen Wills Neuroscience Institute (Closed)
For more information: https://aprecruit.berkeley.edu/JPF03158
- Assistant Professor – Thermal Hydraulics – Nuclear Engineering (Closed)
For more information: https://aprecruit.berkeley.edu/JPF03159
- Assistant Teaching Professor – Industrial Engineering & Operations Research -M.Analytics-COE (closes February 25, 2022)
For more information: https://aprecruit.berkeley.edu/JPF03178
- Assistant Teaching Professor – Data and Computation in CE – Civil and Environmental Engineering (closed)
- For more information: https://aprecruit.berkeley.edu/JPF03289