Invitation for faculty position applications
UC Berkeley is one of the world’s premier public universities, and Berkeley Engineering maintains top rankings among engineering programs nationally, public or private. Located in the heart of California’s tech industry, Berkeley Engineering hosts a vibrant and growing community of faculty and students and enjoys close relationships with National Laboratories, NASA, UC San Francisco, Silicon Valley and more. Our talent for developing technologies that improve society and quality of life is reflected in the members of our community and our physical environment. We offer dynamic, interdisciplinary, hands-on education; challenge conventional thinking; and value collaboration, creativity and innovation in research and teaching.
Berkeley Engineering’s mission is to educate inclusive leaders, create knowledge equitably, and serve a diverse society. Our excellence can only be fully realized by faculty, students and staff who share our commitment to these values. As a leading institution in engineering education, both nationally and internally, we seek candidates whose commitment to mentorship and service match their excellence in research and teaching. This includes candidates who have a demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion as UC Berkeley is now an Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institution (AANAPISI) and works to become a Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI), reflecting California’s population. Resources are available to pursue activities that help accelerate our efforts to achieve greater inclusion and belonging in engineering, with the full backing of the college. Examples of ongoing programming at the college to promote diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging are available on our website.
Berkeley Engineering is also committed to addressing family needs, including dual career couples, single parents and those who provide elder care. For more information, please visit the Office for Faculty Equity & Welfare.
We invite applications to open faculty positions in Berkeley Engineering and strongly encourage applications from individuals from underrepresented groups in engineering. New job announcements are added throughout the year, so please check back regularly for updates. Note that each job listing has its own application deadline and requirements; please refer to specific details in each announcement.
- Assistant Professor – Zero Energy, Zero Emissions Systems – Civil and Environmental Engineering (Closed 9/28/2023). For more information: https://aprecruit.berkeley.edu/JPF03664
- Assistant Professor – Resilient and Sustainable Supply Chains – Industrial Engineering & Operations Research (Closed 10/25/2023). For more information: https://aprecruit.berkeley.edu/JPF04123
- Assistant/Associate/Full Professor – Fusion & Plasma Science – Nuclear Engineering (Closed 11/13/2023). For more information: https://aprecruit.berkeley.edu/JPF04034
- Assistant Professor-Disruptive Structural Materials-Materials Science and Engineering/College of Engineering (Closes 12/4/2023). For more information: https://aprecruit.berkeley.edu/JPF04116
- Assistant Professor-Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences (Closes 12/1/2023). For more information: https://aprecruit.berkeley.edu/JPF04168
- Assistant Professor – Advanced Manufacturing – Mechanical Engineering. (Closes 12/11/2023) For more information: https://aprecruit.berkeley.edu/JPF04136
- Assistant Teaching Professor – Decision Analytics – Industrial Engineering & Operations Research (Closes 12/15/2023). For more information: https://aprecruit.berkeley.edu/JPF04059
Additional resources on how to prepare a research statement, teaching statement, and diversity statement can be found at:
- Research Statements
- Teaching Statements; Teaching Statement Rubric; Teaching Statement Feedback Form; Writing a Statement; Teaching Portfolio
- Diversity Statement: Support for Faculty Candidates
The University of California is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status. For complete details, see the University of California’s nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy (PDF).