2017-18 Transfer credit

The university determines whether courses successfully completed at another institution are transferable to UC Berkeley. If you have questions about the transferability of courses, contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions in 103 Sproul Hall. 

Unit credit

The maximum number of units that can be transferred to the university from a community college is 70 semester units. However, subject credit is allowed for courses taken at a community college beyond the 70 unit maximum.

Subject credit

You should use the Assist.org website to determine equivalencies for courses taken at California community colleges. Courses taken at four-year institutions (including other UC schools) and at community colleges outside California must be evaluated before subject credit can be awarded. To have a course evaluated, please consult with your Engineering Student Services (ESS) Adviser in 230 Bechtel Engineering Center. In most cases, you will need to provide a syllabus of the course in order to begin the course evaluation process.

Attendance at other schools after enrollment at UC Berkeley

Once you begin your education in the College of Engineering, you are eligible to take courses elsewhere during the summer; however, please familiarize yourself with the relevant policies