Student organization funding
Could your student organization use funding from the College of Engineering? We allocate tens of thousands of dollars each year to support student organizations fulfill their mission. You are able to apply for Engineering Student Services (ESS) and Engineering Student Council (ESC) funding in one application. Applications for the 2020-2021 academic year will be available in March 2020. Be sure to read the instructions carefully. The application differentiates between Programs and Miscellaneous expenses and income.
ESC will ONLY be initially allocating Programs Funds, while ESS will predominantly be allocating Miscellaneous Funds. While miscellaneous funds are able to be used for Programs expenses, try as best as possible to differentiate between the two or at least be consistent in how the application is filled out (i.e. if miscellaneous funds were used to cover Programs expenses, you can show a large deficit in the net Programs column, and a corresponding surplus in the net Miscellaneous column). ESC will be basing initial programs allocation decisions on demonstrated need for programs funds. Afterwards, ESS will base their funding decisions on the remaining programs and any miscellaneous fund needs. Please note that if you only wish to apply for funds from only ESC or only ESS, you will still fill out this form.
To apply for funding, follow these guidelines and submit your application as outlined below.
- We prefer outreach activities and other initiatives that serve others, rather than events that only benefit your members.
- Show that you are pursuing or have secured other sources of funding; for example, departmental or corporate support.
- Demonstrate financial need, and be sure to spend your current account balance before requesting more funding.
The application deadline for 2019-20 has passed and applications are no longer available. Please check back for funding for 2020-21 in March 2020.
All applications must include the following:
- College of Engineering 2020-21 student organization funding request form (be sure to complete all 5 sheets)
- Proof of registration with the LEAD Center (image/screen shot is acceptable)
- Copy of your student organization’s constitution
Important notes from Engineering Student Services:
- You will only be able to apply to COE funds via this funding round. Once you apply for funding through the funding application, you will not be able to apply for funds from COE until the 2021 (end of Spring 2021) round.
- Students orgs who send at least 2 new board members to the Emerging Leaders Brunch (Date TBD) will receive a bonus of $200.00 to their funding allocation.
If you have any questions, please email Luis Castillo.