The staff of Engineering Student Services look forward to returning to campus in the fall semester. We would like to inform you of our plans for summer and fall 2021.
Policies and deadlines for undergraduates
Effective summer 2021, the College of Engineering is returning to pre-COVID policies, procedures and deadlines. Reading and Composition courses must be taken for a letter grade, and all technical courses that can satisfy a requirement for your major must be taken for a letter grade. In addition, we will be enforcing all policies and procedures, as published in our COE Undergraduate Guide, and fall 2021 deadlines, as published on the right side of our Students page.
ESS advising appointments
ESS advisers will continue to offer online advising appointments throughout the summer. Beginning in the fall semester, ESS advisers will offer both online advising appointments and in-person advising appointments. Drop-in advising will also be available, either in-person or online.
The Basic Needs Center continues to provide services to all UC Berkeley students and staff who may be facing increased vulnerability to basic needs insecurity during disruptions in school, work, transportation, and family care. The website is frequently updated with resource information on access to food, emergency housing services, and wage/work accommodation issues.
Student emergency needs fund
If you are experiencing unexpected financial hardships due to the COVID-19 situation, please visit the Student Emergency Needs Fund page.
Mental health resources
- Counseling and Psychological Services
- UHS Mental Health Resources website
- UHS Be Well website
- Stress & Anxiety Management
Student parent resource
Through June 30, 2021, UC Berkeley is offering highly-subsidized in-home and center-based back-up child care for UC Berkeley student parents with different levels of service, locations, hours, and costs.
- ESS virtual front desk is available for quick questions or help in finding the correct resource(s).
- ESS advisers are available for online appointments.
- Academic support, including group tutoring, is available online.
- UHS counseling for engineering students is available for online appointments.
- University Health Services has mental health resources available online.
- Career counseling is available online. For details about specific services, visit their website or contact them via email.
- UC Berkeley libraries have remote resources available.