ESS Virtual Front Desk
How can the Engineering Student Services Virtual Front Desk help you?
While Engineering Student Services (ESS) continues to serve students online, we invite you to access the ESS front desk virtually. The ESS Virtual Front Desk will be staffed by our ESS administrative staff during the summer. In the fall semester, the front desk staff will be joined by our ESS peer advisers and the hours will be extended.
The ESS Virtual Front Desk can assist you with the following:
- Help choosing which petition or form you may need, and guidance on submission
- Support navigating which campus office to contact with questions
- How to connect with campus or ESS resources
- Guidance on whether to make an appointment with your ESS adviser or use a different resource
- How to access tutoring or other resources provided by the Center for Access to Engineering Excellence
- General questions about ESS advising and program services
- Prospective student questions
Virtual Front Desk hours
Monday-Tuesday: 2-4 p.m. PDT
Wednesday-Friday: 8-11 a.m. PDT
How to access the ESS Virtual Front Desk
Click on the link for the ESS Virtual Front Desk during open hours. At first you will enter Zoom online waiting room. Once the online front desk is empty, you will be admitted to have a private conversation with our front desk staff and/or peer advisers, who will be joining the front desk staff once the fall semester begins.