ESS Virtual Front Desk
How can the Engineering Student Services Virtual Front Desk help you?
While Engineering Student Services (ESS) continues to serve students online, we invite you to access the ESS front desk virtually. During the semester, the ESS Virtual Front Desk is staffed by our ESS peer advisers, who have been extensively trained to assist prospective and current College of Engineering (COE) undergraduates. Between semesters, the ESS Virtual Front Desk is staffed by our front desk manager.
The ESS Virtual Front Desk can help you with any of the following:
- Learning more about the College of Engineering
- Submitting your change of college application to change into COE
- Answering general questions about ESS advising and program services
- Understanding COE policies and procedures
- Choosing which petition or form you may need, and guidance on submission
- Navigating which campus office to contact with questions
- Connecting with campus or ESS resources
- Deciding whether to make an appointment with your ESS adviser, or use a different resource
- Accessing tutoring or other resources provided by the Center for Access to Engineering Excellence
Virtual Front Desk hours PST
Spring 2021 semester (1/19/21 through 5/7/21):
- Mondays: 9 a.m.–9 p.m.
- Tuesdays: 9 a.m.–4 p.m. and 5 p.m.–9 p.m.
- Wednesdays: 9 a.m.–9 p.m.
- Thursdays: 9 a.m.–9 p.m.
- Fridays: 9 a.m.–9 p.m.
How to access the ESS Virtual Front Desk
Click on the link for the ESS Virtual Front Desk during open hours. At first you will enter the Zoom online waiting room. Once the online help desk is empty, you will be admitted to have a private conversation.