ESS Virtual Front Desk
How can the Engineering Student Services Virtual Front Desk help you?
While Engineering Student Services (ESS) continues to serve students in-person and online, we invite you to access the ESS front desk virtually. During the fall and spring semesters, the ESS Virtual Front Desk on Zoom is staffed by our ESS peer advisers, who have been extensively trained to assist prospective and current College of Engineering (COE) undergraduates.
The ESS Virtual Front Desk can help you with any of the following:
- Learning more about the College of Engineering
- Submitting your change of college application to change into COE
- Answering general questions about ESS advising and program services
- Understanding COE policies and procedures
- Choosing which petition or form you may need, and guidance on submission
- Navigating which campus office to contact with questions
- Connecting with campus or ESS resources
- Deciding whether to make an appointment with your ESS adviser, or use a different resource
- Accessing tutoring or other resources provided by the Center for Access to Engineering Excellence
How to access the ESS Virtual Front Desk
The Virtual Front Desk is open during the fall and spring semesters. The link and hours are posted on the ESS peer advising page. At first you will enter the Zoom online waiting room. Once the online help desk is empty, you will be admitted to have a private conversation.