Engineering Undeclared students in their third or fourth semester are required to meet with a faculty adviser in their intended major to review their planned schedule for the upcoming semester. Third and fourth semester students currently have an enrollment hold and will need to meet with a faculty adviser before this hold can be removed by their ESS Adviser . Please see the information below about where and how you can meet with a faculty adviser in your intended major.
To prepare for your meeting with the faculty adviser be sure to:
Once you have the class enrollment form signed by a faculty adviser you can either email your the form to your Adviser, Joey Wong or bring the signed form in during an appointment with Joey. Joey can then release the enrollment hold.
If you are ready, you can also declare your major now too.
HOW TO MEET WITH A FACULTY ADVISER:
Engineering Undeclared students intending to declare Bioengineering can see Professor Terry Johnson during his drop-in hours. For appointments with Professor Johnson, please sign up for one of the “Faculty Advising Slots” (note students will need to be signed into their Berkeley account). Professor Johnson is in 418 HMMB and can be reached at email@example.com.
Civil and Environmental Engineering
Engineering Undeclared students intending to major in Civil Engineering are invited to the CEE Advising Forum on
- Thursday, October 17th, 12 noon - 1 pm, 7th Floor Davis Hall
- Friday, October 18th, 12 noon- 1 pm, 7th Floor Davis Hall
Faculty and upper division students will be available to provide guidance and advising. Lunch provided.
Faculty Advising for Spring 2020 will occur Monday, October 14th – Friday, October 25th. Students interested in EECS should plan to attend one of the group advising sessions. Your ESS Adviser, Joey Wong, will email you a list of both CS and EE advisers or you can check it out online.
The Engineering Science Advising Lunch will be held on Wednesday, October 16th from 11:30-12:30pm on the 7th Floor Davis Hall Lobby. All Engineering Undeclared students interested in an Engineering Sciences majors are invited to attend. Lunch will be provided! If you cannot attend the Advising Lunch, then you are welcome to speak with a faculty adviser during their office hours.
Faculty Office Hours:
- Ana Claudia Arias, EECS, 508 Cory Hall, Office hours: Wednesdays, 1-2pm
- Massimiliano Fratoni, NE, 4111 Etcheverry, Office hours: Tuesdays, 12:30-1:30pm, or by appointment
- Scott Moura, CEE, Energy Engineering, 625 Davis Hall, Office hours: Mondays, 4-5:30pm, Thursdays, 10:30am-12pm
- Sascha von Meier, EECS, Energy Engineering, 406E Cory Hall, Office hours: Wednesdays, Thursdays, 2-3pm
- Tarek Zohdi, ME, Energy Engineering, 6117 Etcheverry Hall, Office hours: By Email appointment
Engineering Math and Statistics:
- Ilan Adler, IEOR, 4183 Etcheverry Hall, Office hours: By appointment
- James Casey, ME, 6125 Etcheverry Hall, Office hours: MWF, 2:15-3:30pm; TuTh, 3:45-3:30pm
- David Attwood, EECS, Engineering Physics, 257M Cory Hall, Office hours: By email appointment
- Junqiao Wu, MSE, Engineering Physics, 322 Hearst Memorial Mining Building, Office hours: Wed 4-5pm
- Kara Nelson, CEE, 663 Davis Hall, Office hours: Thursdays, 3:30-4:30pm, or by appointment
Undeclared students interested in the IEOR major, can see Professor Robert Leachman, 4127 Etcheverry Hall. You can stop by his office or email him for an appointment at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Materials Science and Engineering
Please email, Ricky Vides, Rickyv72@berkeley.edu to set up an advising appointment. Or stop by his office at 6193 Etcheverry Hall.
Engineering Undeclared students interested in Nuclear Engineering can meet with Professor Max Fratoni, 4111 Etcheverry Hall.