Student organization funding
Could your student organization use some funding from the College of Engineering? We allocate tens of thousands of dollars each year to help student organizations fulfill their mission. This year, ESC and ESS are combining our funding applications into one! Completed applications due by Monday, April 23rd, 11:59 PM. Be sure to read the instructions carefully. The application differentiates between Programs and Miscellaneous expenses and income. ESC will ONLY be initially allocating Programs Funds, while ESS will predominantly be allocating Miscellaneous Funds. While miscellaneous funds are able to be used for Programs expenses, try as best as possible to differentiate between the two or at least be consistent in how the application is filled out (i.e. if miscellaneous funds were used to cover Programs expenses, you can show a large deficit in the net Programs column, and a corresponding surplus in the net Miscellaneous column). ESC will be basing initial programs allocation decisions on demonstrated need for programs funds. Afterwards, ESS will base their funding decisions on the remaining programs and any miscellaneous fund needs. Please note that if you only wish to apply for funds from only ESC or only ESS, you will still fill out this form.
To apply for funding, follow these guidelines and submit your application as outlined below.
- We prefer outreach activities and other initiatives that serve others, rather than events that only benefit your members.
- Show that you are pursuing or have secured other sources of funding; for example, departmental or corporate support.
- Demonstrate financial need, and be sure to spend your current account balance before requesting more funding.
The application deadline for 2018-19 has passed and applications are no longer available. Please check back for funding for 2019-20 in March 2019.
All applications must include the following:
- College of Engineering 2018-19 student organization funding request form (be sure to complete all 5 sheets)
- Proof of registration with the LEAD Center (image/screen shot is acceptable)
- Copy of your student organization’s constitution
Important notes from Engineering Student Services:
- You will only be able to apply to COE funds via this funding round. Once you apply for funding through the funding application, you will not be able to apply for funds from COE until the 2019 (end of Spring 2019) round.
- Students orgs who send at least 2 new board members to the Emerging Leaders Brunch on May 2nd (9:30am - 1:30pm) will receive a bonus of $200.00 to their funding allocation.
If you have any questions, please email Luis Castillo.