Facilities maintained by the College of Engineering dean’s office can be reserved Monday to Friday, 7:00 a.m.–10:00 p.m.
Use is not permitted during holidays and campus closures. Check Berkeley’s academic calendar for more information. Weekend use will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Weekend requests must be sent in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Creating a reservation
- Use the COE online reservation system to browse available facilities and request a reservation.
- It is not possible to place a hold on a room, other than by booking it.
- In your contracted hours, include sufficient time for setup and cleanup. Typically, this means one hour prior to and one hour after the event.
- Access to the reserved facility will not be permitted until the time for which it is contracted.
- Room reservations cannot be accepted less than five business days prior to the event date. Reservations may be made up to one year in advance of the event.
- Payment is accepted only with a campus chartstring. No cash, checks or credit cards will be accepted.
- A chartstring is a mandatory requirement for all reservation requests and will be used for cancellations, damages and any services that may accrue from use of the facilities.
- Reservations are confirmed and guaranteed only upon receipt of all applicable permits. Confirmation of all required services must be uploaded to your reservation request or emailed to email@example.com no less than five business days before the date of your reservation.
- Cancellations may be made to your reservation request online or you may email your cancellation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cancellations made within three business days of the event date are subject to a fee of $50, which will be recharged to the chartstring provided.
- COE Facilities reserves the right to cancel any reservation that has not submitted all required permits.
Special AV Services
- Special AV service includes technical assistance and services such as recording or live video streaming.
- Special AV services should be arranged through COE Facilities. You will be contacted by the AV technician who will provide you with an estimate for services based on your needs.
- Special AV service requests will not be accepted less than ten business days prior to the event date.
- In addition to the AV technician’s estimate, there is an equipment use fee of $150. The equipment use fee will be charged directly to the chartstring provided on your reservation request. (The equipment use fee is not charged if you elect to use the self-service AV equipment in the room.)
- Alternately, AV support may be ordered through campus Educational Technology Services.