How many units will I be able to transfer from my school?

Students can transfer a maximum of 70 units from a community college; they may also receive subject credit for courses taken at a community college beyond the 70 unit maximum. Students who attend a four-year college may have all units transferred, however, earning units at four-year colleges (or in programs combining community college and four-year college credit) could result in excess units that can affect transfer eligibility. Applicants with 89 or more semester units from a four-year institution or those who complete coursework at a community college and then transfer to a four-year institution are not eligible for admission to the College of Engineering.