How do I choose a study abroad program?

Visit the Berkeley Study Abroad website to explore programs that may be compatible with your College of Engineering degree program. One popular option is the University of California’s Education Abroad Program (UCEAP). You earn UC course credit and may use your UC financial aid. However, not all universities or countries may be offered, and some programs are available only for a full academic year.

The Berkeley Study Abroad website also covers the campus’s own Berkeley Abroad program, which also offers UC credit and the use of UC financial aid, as well as affiliate programs and independent programs. When looking at affiliate and independent programs, note that academic credit and financial aid can vary. You may also be required to take a planned leave of absence.

You’re welcome to visit the Berkeley Study Abroad office in 160 Stephens Hall to browse offerings and talk to advisers.