To be eligible for honors in general scholarship at graduation, you must have:
- Completed a minimum of 50 units at the University of California (which includes UC EAP, UC DC, courses completed at other UCs, and UC Berkeley Extension XB or XBW or Concurrent Enrollment) of which 43 units must have been undertaken for a letter grade
- Completed a minimum of 30 units on the Berkeley campus
- Achieved a grade point average ranking in the college as follows:
- Top 3 percent, highest honors
- Next 7 percent, high honors
- Next 10 percent, honors
At the end of each academic year, the Office of the Registrar shall determine for each school and college the minimum grade point averages of the top 3 percent, the next 7 percent and the next 10 percent of the students graduating in that year. These grade point averages shall serve each school and college as minimal criteria for honors during the next academic year.