Grade appeal process

If you believe your instructor submitted an incorrect grade because of a clerical (for example, computational) or procedural error, please speak directly with your instructor.

If you believe that your instructor has used nonacademic criteria (for example, race, religion, gender or politics) in assigning your grade, you can appeal the grade. Begin the process by speaking with your instructor and/or the office of the ombudsperson.

Your next step is to try to resolve the issue by speaking with the department chair. If you cannot resolve your dispute informally, there is a formal procedure you can follow that is outlined in the Berkeley Academic Guide under Academic Policies.