Faculty Advising will occur Monday, October 14 – Friday, October 25 for all students declared in the EECS or L&S CS majors. **This email contains important information you need to know for the Spring 2020 enrollment cycle**
Students are not required to attend faculty advising. However, you MUST access the web app and opt out. This will allow us to accommodate all students.
Now through Wednesday 10/9 @ 9:59am: Students who have attended Faculty Advising before, should access the web app to see their advising session. They will have the option to keep their adviser from last semester, reset their preference to “blank”, or opt out of participating via the Faculty Advising web app.
- If you wish to keep your adviser, select the faculty’s name and click “Save”. If you want to change your adviser, select "(blank)" and click "Save".
- If you choose to select a new adviser, you will be able to do so beginning Wednesday 10/9 @ 10am.
- Please note that once the system officially opens on Wednesday 10/9 @ 10am, you will not have the option to opt out or make any other changes.
Wednesday 10/9 @ 10am: Sign-ups for all students will occur on a first-come, first-served basis on the Faculty Advising web app. All students must access the web app, even if just to opt out.
- IMPORTANT: Students are responsible for selecting an advising time that does not conflict with their schedule. Please make your selections wisely.
We hope you’re excited about this opportunity to connect with faculty and hear about their experiences and advice. Faculty Advising is primarily intended for discussion of course, graduate school, and industry questions. Although no longer required, you are encouraged to attend Faculty Advising, as it is an important opportunity to connect with faculty. Questions about policy and/or specific degree requirements should continue to be directed to staff advisers.
What to Bring to Faculty Advising
- Print a copy of your unofficial transcript from Cal Central.
- If you are an EECS student, print and complete the EECS Schedule form and Degree Worksheet
I am graduating this semester. Do I need advising?
Graduating students are welcome to participate, but not required. L&S CS graduating students, should meet with the CS Major Advisers to confirm they have successfully completed their degree. EECS students should also meet with their ESS Adviser.