Education abroad programs

Many College of Engineering undergraduates are interested in studying abroad, and we strongly encourage participation as a means of broadening your education and developing a global view of engineering. International study requires a good deal of planning, organization and self-motivation to be successful, but the benefits are well worth the effort. You may choose to study abroad by participating in the UC Education Abroad Program (EAP) or in a non-UC sponsored program. Study abroad programs are offered for one semester, a full academic year or a summer session. If you are interested in study abroad, you should begin researching country and program options early in your academic career. With careful planning, you can complete a study abroad program without delaying your graduation; however, you will be granted one additional semester to complete your degree requirements if needed.

You must obtain the approval of your Engineering Student Services (ESS) Adviser in order to participate in a study abroad program. Your adviser will verify that you are making satisfactory progress toward your degree and that the time abroad wont prevent completion of the College of Engineering requirements in a timely manner. Visit the Study abroad section of our website for further information about College of Engineering policies and procedures for study abroad participation.