Delay in graduation

Most petitions for extra semesters are not approved. However, if you have been unable to make normal progress in your major due to extenuating circumstances beyond your control and you need an extra semester to graduate, you must meet with your Engineering Student Services (ESS) Adviser to submit a petition to request an extra semester. Petitions are not granted to solely complete required courses due to lack of planning, to complete a minor or to take extra courses to improve GPA or prepare for graduate school. Two extra semesters are almost never approved. If an extra semester is granted, you will be required to enroll in at least 12 units in that extra semester.