Credit by exam

Some requirements in the College of Engineering can be satisfied with Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB) and A-Level exams.  To receive credit, exams must be taken prior to graduating from high school. Our exams page in the Undergraduate Guide has more details.

In very limited situations, the College of Engineering allows students to petition for credit by examination for MATH 1A and/or MATH 1B. These are the only two subjects that may be petitioned to satisfy by examination. At a minimum, approval of both the College of Engineering Dean and a math department faculty member willing to administer an examination that covers the entire course is required. You must be in good academic standing and registered during the term the exam will be offered.  The credit by examination petition is available through Engineering Student Services (ESS) Advisers.