Humanities and social sciences requirement
To round out your technical education, you’ll complete at least six courses that satisfy the College of Engineering’s Humanities and Social Sciences (H/SS) breadth requirement. See the humanities and social sciences section of our website for details.
Other graduation requirements
In addition, these criteria must be met:
- Maintain a minimum overall grade point average of 2.00 (C average) and a minimum grade point average of 2.00 in upper division technical coursework required of your major.
- Satisfy the College of Engineering Senior Residency requirement by completing your final 30 units on the Berkeley campus, in two consecutive semesters.
- All technical courses (math, science and engineering) required of the major must be taken for a letter grade unless only offered on a Pass/Not Pass basis.
- Completion of at least 120 semester units. No more than 4 units of Physical Education and no more than 16 units of special studies courses (numbered 97, 98, 99, 197, 198, 199) may be counted toward the 120 units.
- You may receive credit for courses graded Passed or Satisfactory to a limit of one-third of the total units undertaken and passed on the Berkeley Campus at the time the degree is awarded.