Preparing the next generation of scientific and technological leaders.
NextProf Nexus is a three-day program that is part of a nationwide effort to strengthen and diversify the next generation of academic leaders in engineering. This preeminent event is designed to give participants the opportunity to explore and prepare for a faculty position in academia.
Join a select cohort of diverse engineering Ph.D. students, recent doctoral graduates and top faculty and deans from around the country.
We strongly encourage women and traditionally underrepresented groups at U.S. institutions who are senior-level Ph.D. candidates, postdoctoral researchers or early-career scientists and researchers in the field of engineering to apply.
Attendees will leave NextProf Nexus with a clear understanding of the academic job market and how to navigate the rigors of first faculty positions.
- Meet mentors and future collaborators
- Attend panel discussions with successful faculty
- Learn about the faculty search process
- Prepare for the academic job market
- Plan for the rigors of first faculty positions
- Understand how to build a successful research program
Take the next step! Find out more about the program and apply for the NextProf Nexus 2019 hosted at Georgia Tech.