Berkeley Engineering Summer Undergraduate Research Program (BESURE)
UC Berkeley’s College of Engineering is pleased to announce our summer research experience for undergraduates. Initiated with support from the University of California’s Office of the President, the goal of this 10-week summer program is to introduce engineering undergraduates to a formal research experience, and to encourage students to explore engineering doctoral programs offered by the University of California campuses.
- Undergraduates attending HBCUs who are rising juniors and rising seniors majoring in engineering, U.S. citizens & permanent residents
- Applications are welcome from students who do not have prior research experience.
- $5,000 stipend
- On-campus lodging and meals
- Faculty mentor
- Graduate mentor
- Networking events and field trips
- Graduate school advising
- Graduate admissions application waiver fee
Principal investigator: Professor Grace O’Connell
How to apply:
Submit an online application which will ask you to upload a copy of your resume and unofficial transcripts. BESURE is accepting applications on a rolling basis until April 1, 2022. If you have trouble accessing the application please email firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition to filling out this form, you will need to secure at least two letters of recommendation.
- Letter #1 should be from a faculty member.
- Letter #2 should be from either a faculty member, a staff member such as a counselor or adviser, or anyone who can comment on your ability to excel in a summer research program.
Please have your recommenders submit their letters using the application link. Letters of recommendation will be accepted until April 1.
Download the BESURE Program Flyer