Berkeley Engineering Summer Undergraduate Research Program (BESURE)
UC Berkeley’s College of Engineering is pleased to announce our summer research experience for undergraduates. The goal of this 10-week program is to retain rising sophomores (students who have just completed their freshmen year) in engineering by introducing them to a formal research experience working with COE faculty. In addition to retaining students an overarching goal of the program is to encourage participants to explore graduate degrees and careers in research.
- First-year students pursuing majors in the College of Engineering
- Applications are welcome from students who do not have prior research experience.
- Students must be in good academic standing.
- First-generation college students, first in the family to receive a STEM degree and students from low-income families are highly encouraged to apply.
- $5,000 research stipend
- Faculty mentor
- Graduate mentor
- Weekly professional development talks
- Networking events and activities
- Poster Session
Principal investigator: Professor Grace O’Connell
How to apply:
Submit an online application that will ask you to upload a copy of your resume. BESURE is accepting applications on a rolling basis until filled. If you have trouble accessing the application please email firstname.lastname@example.org