In order to access Tele-BEARS, you will need an adviser code. To obtain an adviser code, you must complete a Tele-BEARS schedule form and submit the form to your ESS Adviser: Sharon Mueller if your last name starts with A-K or Kathy Barrett if your last name starts with L-Z.
- Undeclared students currently in their first or second semester do not have to meet with a faculty adviser to obtain an adviser code but are encouraged to do so.
- Students currently in their third or fourth semester of enrollment must meet with a faculty adviser before submitting their Tele-BEARS Schedule form to their ESS adviser. The faculty adviser must sign off on your Tele-BEARS schedule form before you will receive an adviser code from your ESS adviser, Kathy or Sharon. Faculty are only available during specific segments of time, so please plan accordingly. See below for the list of departments and faculty advisers, and the timeline for meeting with them.
You can email Kathy or Sharon your completed Tele-BEARS form, and we will email you back the code within 48 hours. Remember second year students must have a faculty signature on their completed Tele-BEARS schedule form before your ESS adviser can release your Adviser Code. You can also schedule an appointment with Kathy or Sharon and get your advising code during the appointment.
See below for a list of faculty advisers available during Tele-BEARS to meet with undeclared students.
When you meet with your faculty adviser be sure to bring
- A completed degree worksheet for your intended major. Fill in the worksheet with both your completed courses and those currently in-progress.
- An unofficial transcript printed from Bear Facts. You may obtain a transcript by clicking “academic record” and “all grades.” Be sure to check the box “show student name” so that your transcript can be identified as yours.
- Your Tele-BEARS schedule form with your intended courses for the upcoming semester.
- Remember your faculty adviser will not have your Adviser Code. Once your faculty adviser has signed your Tele-BEARS schedule form you can either send the form to your ESS adviser, Kathy or Sharon or make an appointment to get your Adviser Code.
Faculty advising for Tele-BEARS, Spring 2015
Undeclared students who intend to major in Bioengineering can attend a faculty group advising session with the faculty person listed below:
- Terry Johnson, April 2, 11:30-1:00pm or April 9 11:30-1:00. Both meetings will take place in 418/419 HMMB
The CE Department and Chi Epsilon will be hosting and Advising Night on Tuesday, March 17th, 6-8 p.m. Students who come with their Degree Worksheet, unofficial transcript and a completed Tele-BEARS form will be able to obtain their adviser code that evening. If you are unable to attend the advising night you can meet with: Prof. Glaser, 621A Sutardja Dai Hall, Office hours: Monday 9am-10am & Wednesday 3:15-5:15 p.m.
Electrical engineering & computer sciences
EECS faculty advising runs from March 30-April 10th. Please plan accordingly! Undeclared students who intend to major in EECS must attend one of the faculty group advising sessions. A list of available sessions will be emailed to you by March 20th. You must bring a copy of your unofficial transcript, your Tele-BEARS Scheduling form and your degree worksheet to your group advising time.
Engineering Undeclared Students interested in any of the Engineering Science majors should plan to attend the group Tele-BEARS advising session on Tuesday, March 31 from 5-6:30, 7th Floor Lobby, Davis Hall. Pizza will be provided. Please take advantage of this advising session, as most of the ES faculty advisors (Engineering Mathematics & Statistics, Engineering Physics, Environmental Engineering Sciences and Energy Engineering) will be present to review your schedules. You must bring a copy of your unofficial transcript, your Tele-BEARS Scheduling form and your degree worksheet to your group advising time. If you can't make that advising session, please contact Mitzi Stevens at in 750 Davis Hall.
Industrial engineering & operations research
Undeclared students who intend to major in IEOR can meet with the faculty member listed below during the week of March 30-April 3rd. You must bring a copy of your unofficial transcript and your degree worksheet to your appointment. Robert Leachman, 4127 Etcheverry Hall. There will be a signup sheet outside of his office door on starting Thursday, March 30th.
Materials science & engineering
Undeclared students who intend to major in MSE must meet with one of the faculty members listed below during the week of March 30-April 3rd. You must bring a copy of your unofficial transcript and your degree worksheet to your appointment.
Office hours for Tele-BEARS advising are posted outside their office door, or you may contact them directly to schedule an appointment.
Intended Mechanical Engineering Students please complete this doodle poll by Friday, March 20th to help the department determine the best date for group advising for Engineering Undeclared students.
Undeclared students who intend to major in nuclear engineering need to meet with the faculty member listed below the week of March 30-April 3rd. You must bring a copy of your unofficial transcript and your degree worksheet and Tele-BEARS schedule form.
Students who intend to declare a joint major may meet with a faculty adviser from either program.