Register for classes
At Berkeley, you have a generous range of courses from which to choose, and creating your class schedule will take some organization. Follow these simple steps every semester to get ready to register for classes.
- Look out for an email message from your department regarding Tele-BEARS enrollment.
- Follow the email’s instructions for arranging a time to meet with your faculty adviser.
- Bring the following items to faculty advising:
- A Tele-BEARS schedule form completed with your intended schedule for the upcoming semester.
- A degree worksheet with your completed and in-progress courses. You may use the Degree Audit Reporting System (DARS) to help you fill out your worksheet.
- An unofficial transcript printed from Bear Facts. You can get a transcript by clicking “Academic Record” and “All Grades.” Be sure to check the box “Show Student Name” so that your transcript can be identified as yours.
- Meet with your faculty adviser and obtain your adviser code.
- Sign up for classes via Tele-BEARS during the Phase I and II appointment times.
Check the registrar’s Tele-BEARS guide for complete information on enrolling for classes.