Don’t wait until you have your diploma in hand to think about career choices. Working with Berkeley’s Career Center, Engineering Student Services assists students with career and job-search planning and advises students interested in applying to graduate school. We also connect students with employers as well as graduate and professional schools.
- Drop-in career advising: Offered every Wednesday in the fall and spring semesters from 1–4 p.m. in 230 Bechtel. Have your résumé critiqued, get help with a cover letter or statement of purpose for a graduate school application, or ask about internship and full-time employment opportunities.
- Engineering career conference: This annual conference each August offers workshops presented by industry representatives on topics such as successful networking, job search etiquette, case interview format, negotiating a job offer and writing a results-oriented résumé.
- Career and professional development programs: Each semester, we offer workshops on summer research positions, graduate school preparation and other topics, as well as our popular speed résumé critiques. Visit the Career Center's Events & Workshops page for a complete list of programs, including a printable guide to programs and services for the current semester.
- Engineering career information and resources: The Career Center has a helpful guide specifically for engineering and computer science students.
- Bi-monthly engineering career email. Engineering students can log in to Callisto and sign up for the bi-monthly engineering career email that contains the latest internship and full-time employment opportunities in industry.
Get an insider’s view of a career field by shadowing Berkeley alumni through the externship program.
Start building your résumé now
- Get research experience.