Minor programs are areas of concentration requiring fewer courses than an undergraduate major. These programs are optional but can provide depth and breadth to a UC Berkeley education.
The College of Engineering offers the following minors:
- Electrical Engineering & Computer Sciences
- Energy Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Industrial Engineering & Operations Research
- Materials Science & Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Nuclear Engineering
- Structural Engineering
You might also want to consider a minor in another school or college.
If you are interested in pursuing a minor, you should be aware of the following policies:
- The College of Engineering does not offer additional semesters to complete a minor, but it is usually possible to finish within the allotted time with careful course planning.
- Only one upper division technical course may overlap between your major and your minor. There is no limit to the number of lower division technical courses or Humanities/Social Sciences courses that may overlap.
If you wish to pursue a minor, you will need to get information about the requirements and admission standards from the department offering the minor.