The Dean’s Society is a community of Berkeley Engineering benefactors who support the dean’s vision and goals through their leadership-level annual gifts to the college. Members of the Dean’s Society are among the first to learn of college news and accomplishments, and they are invited to meet the dean, our faculty and students and other Dean’s Society members at exclusive events throughout the year. They also enjoy a number of special donor benefits, which are detailed below.
|Dean’s Associates||$2,500 - $4,999|
|Dean’s Fellows||$5,000 - $9,999|
|Dean’s Circle||$10,000 - $24,999|
|Dean’s Council||$25,000 - $49,999|
Dean's Society benefits
We are deeply grateful to each individual who supports the college so generously every year. In return, we’re pleased to offer the following benefits to members of the Dean’s Society. Please contact us to discuss these or any other special requests you may have.
- Invitations to College of Engineering events, where you will have a chance to meet the dean and interact with college faculty and students.
- Exclusive communications from the college that illustrate how your support makes an impact.
- Recognition in the college’s honor roll, published on an annual basis. You can view and share the 2015-2016 Dean’s Society Honor Roll online.
- Campus concierge services to help you when you’re planning a visit to campus. We are happy to assist you with parking, make reservations for lunch at the Faculty Club or lead a private tour for you and your guests.
- Personalized Berkeley Engineering Fund services to make giving to the Berkeley Engineering Fund a convenient and easy experience. Would you like an e-mail reminder each December? Or perhaps a monthly payment plan? We can set up a giving program to meet your needs.
- Gift planning consulting services to offer you and your financial advisers expert, tax-friendly information on leaving a legacy to Berkeley Engineering through a trust, bequest or other gift plan. Legacy donors to Berkeley Engineering are also recognized in the Benjamin Ide Wheeler Society. Special benefits are extended to donors who have provided for Berkeley in their estate plans, including invitations to campus events and a subscription to the Cal Futures newsletter.
Charter Hill Society benefits
Donors at the Dean’s Society level also receive recognition and benefits through Berkeley’s Charter Hill Society, which recognizes giving to colleges, departments and other programs across campus.
Berkeley Loyal recognizes the campus’s most steadfast donors. Once you give to Berkeley in three consecutive fiscal years, you become Berkeley Loyal and are recognized for the total number of years in which you’ve made gifts to Cal.