Majors and minors
If you’re considering coming to Berkeley Engineering — or if you’re already here — you know we offer numerous opportunities. And your options are growing: The field of engineering is multiplying every day, in all kinds of interesting directions. You need to find which option is right for you, so that you can make the most of your engineering education:
- Single major: Berkeley Engineering offers 11 single majors. This is a good place to start.
- Joint majors: Don’t see a major that calls your name? You might want to go hybrid and try a program that combines many of the requirements for two majors.
- Double majors: If the joint major offerings don’t combine your areas of interest, you can declare two distinct majors within the College of Engineering.
- Simultaneous degrees: Engineering students who want even more of a challenge can declare two majors from different schools or colleges at Berkeley, resulting in two separate degrees.
- Minors: If you’re not up for two full degrees but want to define your degree with a second area of interest, you can declare a minor.
- Change of major: If you’re already in the College of Engineering and want to change direction, find out how.
- Change of college: If you're not in the College of Engineering and want to apply for one of the majors, find out how.