Here’s one likely reason you find yourself on this page: Berkeley’s overall engineering graduate program is ranked third in the country by U.S. News & World Report. Our individual departments are ranked between first and tenth — with most of them in the top three.
Regardless of the program they choose, our graduate students all receive a rigorous, interdisciplinary, globally aware education. Our classrooms, facilities, labs and studios are all state-of-the-art. You gain research and teaching experience under the direction of some of the finest engineering minds in the world — faculty renowned for their innovation and discovery.
Master of science and doctoral programs
- Applied Science & Technology
- Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Electrical Engineering & Computer Sciences
- Industrial Engineering & Operations Research
- Materials Science & Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Nuclear Engineering
- Master of engineering (M.Eng.) program, combining a core leadership curriculum with coursework in your chosen engineering concentration. Offered by our Coleman Fung Institute for Engineering Leadership in coordination with our academic departments.
- Master of translational medicine (M.T.M.) program, offered by our Department of Bioengineering in collaboration with UC San Francisco.
Visit Berkeley’s Graduate Division for information about graduate student admissions, financial aid, student life and other matters.