Here’s one likely reason you find yourself on this page: Berkeley’s overall engineering graduate program is ranked third in the country by U.S. News & World Report. Our individual departments are ranked between first and tenth — with most of them in the top three.
Regardless of the program they choose, our graduate students all receive a rigorous, interdisciplinary, globally aware education. Our classrooms, facilities, labs and studios are all state-of-the-art. You gain research and teaching experience under the direction of some of the finest engineering minds in the world — faculty renowned for their innovation and discovery.
Master of science and doctoral programs
- Applied Science & Technology
- Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Electrical Engineering & Computer Sciences
- Industrial Engineering & Operations Research
- Materials Science & Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Nuclear Engineering
- Master of engineering (M.Eng.) program, combining a core leadership curriculum with coursework in your chosen engineering concentration. Offered by our Coleman Fung Institute for Engineering Leadership in coordination with our academic departments.
- Master of translational medicine (M.T.M.) program, offered by our Department of Bioengineering in collaboration with UC San Francisco.
- Master of advanced study in integrated circuits (MAS-IC) program, offered online to working professionals seeking expertise in integrated circuits.
Visit Berkeley’s Graduate Division for information about graduate student admissions, financial aid, student life and other matters.